One thing is for certain, every bride wants to look like the very best version of herself on her wedding day. Whether you're hiring a professional hair and makeup team or going it alone, you need to know that the products you're using will deliver the results you want. To help you get those perfectly tousled, bouncy, and shiny wedding day locks, the editors at BRIDES tested hundreds of hair products to bring you the very best for all things beauty in 2016.
We've already shared our favorite skincare picks, face makeup, and eye and lip winners, so this week we're bringing you our editor-approved hair care products and tools.
1. Deep Conditioner: KГ©rastase Nutritive Masquintense Thick, $53
Last year's winner smoothed away the competition yet again. "This cream makes your hair soft and manageable without adding buildup," says our tester. "It's the best ever!"
2. Defrizzer: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum, $5.99
We applied this silicone serum on a steamy day, blew out our frizz-prone hair, went outside, and held our breath. Nary a wayward hair in sight. Sold.
3. Volumizer: John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray, $6.50
Applied pre-blowdry, it delivers an all-over body minus the stiff helmet-head effect. Our finer-haired staffers are obsessed.
4. Shampoo and Conditioner: Oribe Signature Shampoo, $44, and Conditioner, $44
This duo leaves all hair types silky and well-behaved. "I didn't need any extra products to prevent frizz," says one unruly-haired fan.
5. Hairspray: Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray, $14.99
Leave the rock-hard updos where they belong: in your prom photos. "The mist holds but lets your hair move," says our tester of this perennial fave.
6. Curl Cream: Bumble & Bumble Bb. Curl Defining Cream, $31
This rich formula moisturizes without deflating your curls. Translation: freaking awesome definition.
7. Texturizer: TRESemmГ© Perfectly Undone Sea Salt Spray, $10
Spritz on damp hair and blow-dry with a diffuser to look like you spent the day at the beach.
8. Curling Iron: Harry Josh Pro Tools 2-in-1 Ceramic Marcel Curling Iron, $185
Basic curling iron or wand? It's both! Use this double-duty tool as a traditional iron to create defined curls, or remove the clamp for pretty beachy waves.
9. Dry Shampoo: Paul Mitchell Dry Wash Express Dry Waterless Shampoo, $22
On day two (or three) of a blowout, use this for a quick refresh. Says one editor, "It left no residue and made my hair look-and smell-fresh."
10. Blow Dryer: T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i, $250
Hairstylists go nuts for this baby, and we can see why. "I have long, thick hair, and the T3 made it sleeker than my old dryer in half the time," raves one convert. "It's worth the cost!"